Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Miedama Place House - Midland Park, NJ



First stage of underpainting complete.  The other photo is of my painting of the harbor in Honfleur, France hanging inside this same collector's home.

I saw the initial mock-up of how my paintings and prints will be hung in the museum, and I am beyond thrilled.  After the electrical work, construction of the renovated space and final wall color is painted, I shall take many pictures.  Hopefully that should be in a month or two.

The "Art of Healing" show at Englewood Hospital opens this Thursday, and I will take some pictures of my paintings hanging there as well.

Finally, I have to get up to Maine this Summer to see a major exhibition at the Portland Museum of Art.  The artist is Richard Estes, and he is my hero in the genre of photorealistic painting.  I have heard from some artist friends who have seen it that it is stunning and a must see.  Really looking forward to it.

RICHARD ESTES


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
eXTReMe Tracker